Monday, May 7, 2012

Guacamole

In honor of Cinco de Mayo this past Saturday, I made homemade fajita's (recipe to follow in next post) and guacamole for Luke and I to enjoy. I slowly but surely beginning to like guacamole. I figured if I made it myself, I could control the ingredients and the spice level. The last time I had guacamole, it seemed almost like a soup and not a dip. The avocados had just been mashed way too much. I think this recipe turned out very well. Luke seemed to like it. I forgot to buy cilantro when I was at the store, so that was not included in my dip, but I'm sure it could only make it better. I think this dip would be great to serve at a party, just make sure to keep the lid on so it doesn't turn brown. :) Also, letting it sit in the fridge, definitely enhanced the flavors.

Ingredients

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.


ENJOY!

In other news, Luke and I officially have a place to live in the Des Moines area. We will be living in Grimes. We found a great duplex to rent that is very similar to what we have now. Luke only has 3 more weeks at GMAC and we are definitely looking forward to being able to live together again. We are able to move in starting June first. So we will be spending Memorial Day weekend, packing and moving. I am definitely not a fan of this in between living thing I am doing. Half of my things are at my parent's house and half of my things are in Waterloo. The end of the month cannot get here fast enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment