Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Stir-Fry

My husband loves stir-fry and I'm sure he wishes I would make it more often.  I usually don't have all the vegetables I want to put it on hand so when I do, we both really get a craving for it.  This is just something I threw together really quick based on ingredients I already had.  No measurements, just tossed together.  I'll try to put some measurements around this so it can be recreated by one of you.

4 chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces
1/2 c. reduced sodium soy sauce
2-3 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
black pepper
garlic powder
minced onion
minced garlic]
4 Tbsp honey
1/2 bag frozen broccoli florets
1/4 bag frozen mixed vegetbales
2 C minute rice

Mix together soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, onion, garlic and honey.  Add the chicken, toss so chicken is coated evenly.  Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet and add chicken; cook through.  Add frozen vegetables, continue to toss until vegetable are cooked.  Cook minute rice according to package directions.  Toss with chicken and vegetables or serve stir fry over the rice.




This is a great one dish meal.  You get everything you need, protein, vegetables and a starch.  This has really good flavor and I am looking forward to making it again.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment