I have made this recipe the past 2 years to take up to McGregor for our weekend away every fall. Luke and I look forward to this weekend every year. It's nice to be up in the bluffs by the Mississippi River and watching the leaves change. We even made it to Effigy Mounds this year. The weather this year was perfect which made it even more enjoyable. We had a great time with family and ate way too much food. My candy corn bark was a huge hit with everyone and I never bring home any leftovers. This is super easy to make and is very festive.
- 16 Halloween-colored chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broken small pretzels
- 1 1/2 pounds white chocolate, broken into squares
- 2 cups candy corn
- orange and brown sprinkles
- Spread the cookies, pretzels and raisins evenly onto a lightly greased small baking sheet. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from the heat while there are still a few chunks, and stir until smooth. White chocolate burns easily.