Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baked Bean Chili

I found this recipe a couple years ago in a cookbook Luke gave me.  Before this recipe I have never been a big fan of chili because I don't like kidney beans.  This is an interesting take on chili.  It still has the chili taste because of the seasoning packet but it's also a little sweet thanks to the baked beans.  This makes a huge batch so be prepared to feed a lot of people or freeze some of it.  This is being entered in a chili cook-off challenge so I hope the judges like it.  Everyone who has tried this chili so far has loved it.
2 lbs. ground beef
3 cans (28 oz. each) baked beans
1 can (46 oz) tomato juice
1 can (11.5 oz) v8 juice
1 envelope chili seasoning
In a large pot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer; uncovered for 10 minutes.

It's the perfect time of year to start thinking about different types of soups and stews to make since it's starting to get colder.  I plan on trying out a lot of different soup recipes this winter.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment