Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crockpot Lasagna

I did not realize it had been so long since my last post. I have quite a few recipes to get uploaded, as I have tried some new ones. I made this lasagna on Sunday. I found the recipe on Taste of Home's website. I have tried a lot of recipes from their website recently and I have not found a bad one yet. Since Luke was gone all weekend, enjoying some time with the guys, I decided this would be the perfect thing to throw in the crock-pot so that it was ready and waiting by the time he got home. This was really easy to throw together. I used ground lamb instead beef, but only because I felt like having lamb. The lasagna was delicious and I had some Texas Toast in the freezer. So I just threw that in the oven to serve with it. This recipes makes a ton, so we have leftovers to last us the week. I guess I know what I'm eating for lunch every day this week. Look for more recipes to be added this week as I try to get myself more organized. I have 2 new classes starting this week, so that will keep me busy along with work. ENJOY!!


Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Directions

In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Nutritional Facts:
1 serving (1 slice) equals 482 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,317 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment