Thursday, March 15, 2012

Marinated Pork Chops & Mustardy Green Beans

I set out some pork chops last week to thaw while I was at work. I hadn't really decided what I wanted to do with them at that point. I just knew that's what we would be having for supper. While on break at work, I was searching online to see what kind of recipes I could find that used pork chops. I found this marinade recipe. I decided it would be perfect, considered they didn't need to marinate that long. I followed the recipe, but I also added some minced onion, black pepper, olive oil and red pepper flakes. I broiled the pork chops instead of grilling and I served them with mustardy green beans and a noodle packet. The recipe for the green beans is below. I used canned green beans because that's what I had, but fresh or frozen would be ideal. The beans won't fall apart as easily this way, but they still taste great no matter what type of green beans you use.

I had never made the mustardy green beans for Luke before and he really like them. He is a big fan of mustard so that probably helps. Since spring is almost here, I am looking forward to all of the fresh produce that is going to become available. I am also looking forward to visiting the local farmer's market. Luke and I are hoping to move to the Des Moines area within the next couple of months. We are both busy applying for jobs, so hopefully something will become of that.



Ingredients
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 pork chops


Directions
In a shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic powder. Place chops in dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat grill to high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Grill steaks 5 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.



Mustardy Green Beans

Ingredients
4 cups green beans (fresh or frozen)
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the green beans until just tender; drain. Heat olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper in pan. Place the beans back in the pan, turning to coat. Serve warm.



I hope you enjoy trying something new!


1 comment:

  1. We have always used a similar pork chop recipe that uses lemon juice instead of the vinegar and some ginger and rosemary. Very tasty on the grill :)

    ReplyDelete