Monday, January 14, 2013

Spicy Cheesy Sliders

Well, the holiday's are over and I did not get a chance to post any new recipes this past month. I do have a bunch stock piled, so hopefully I can get them all posted before the baby arrives. Speaking of which, I am 34 weeks pregnant, which means there are only 6 more weeks to my due date. Luke and I are getting very excited about the impending arrival of our little one.

I found this recipe on Pinterest, though I'm sure I have some sort of variation of it floating around my recipe boxes. Luke gobbled these right up and they taste just as good leftover as they did the first time around. This is seriously the easiest recipe you will ever make. I didn't have hot sausage on hand so I just used pork sausage. I added some red pepper flakes and chipotle seasoning to get the spiciness needed for this recipe.

These are perfect for tailgating, for traveling or for a party. They slide right back into the packaging. They are easy to re-heat one at the time or the entire package. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.

1 pound hot sausage
1 pound hamburger
1 pound Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
2 packages dinner rolls, slice entire package horizontally

Brown together the sausage and hamburger until no longer pink. Drain the grease. Add the cubed Velveeta and stir until melted. Divide mixture evenly and spread onto rolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment