Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Hump Day

I love my husband dearly, but sometimes he just not helpful when it comes to deciding what's for dinner.  He is not a picky eater, which I am very thankful for, but all he ever tells me is to make something yummy.  Not helpful!  So tonight we get home and I ask him if he would like to have leftovers or if he wants me to make something for supper.  Of course he wanted me to make something.  Luckily, I found a quick and easy recipe, which brings us to today's recipe, Barbecue Chicken Pizza.  This is our favorite kind of pizza because I usually always have the ingredients needed in the house.  This is a new recipe and I think it's going to replace my previous one because it's just that delicious and it's healthy too!
Here are the ingredients and directions:
1 (12 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
3/4 C. BBQ sauce
1 1/2 C. shredded smoked gouda
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 C. sliced mushrooms
1 C. cooked chicken
Fresh cilantro leaves

1. Preheat oven to 500 degress F.
2. Spread pizza dough on cookie sheet.  Cover with BBQ sauce.
3. Spread the chicken, mushrooms and onions, evenly over the BBQ sauce.
4. Cover the toppings with shredded cheese.
5. Bake until crispy and edges are golden brown.
6. Top with fresh cilantro.

This pizza makes 4 servings.  Each serving is only 380 calories.

By the way, gouda instead of mozzarella is amazing on pizza!  I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Will for sure be trying out this recipe!! Who doesn't love pizza??!

    ReplyDelete