Tuesday, April 26, 2011

National Pretzel Day

I have now found some new inspiration for my blog.  Every day of the year is designated as some sort of special day and some of these days are devoted to food.  So I will try to pick some recipes based on these different days.

Today is National Pretzel Day.  I was going to make homemade soft pretzels tonight, but decided I wasn't in the mood to play with dough tonight.  I found a fun snack recipe using store bought pretzels.  I'm sure everyone has had a version of these at some point in time, but they are delicious and addictive.

Spicy Party Pretzels
1 C. vegetable oil
1 (1 oz.) pkg dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 (15 oz.) pkg mini twist pretzels

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Mix together vegetable oil, ranch mix, garlic salt and chili powder.
3. Place pretzels on cookie sheet.  Coat with the oil mixture.
4. Bake pretzels for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until toasted and crispy.

This is a really quick and easy recipe.  It makes a lot so it's good to serve at parties.  Hope you enjoy it and happy pretzel day!

No comments:

Post a Comment