Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes

About a month ago we had a cupcake war at work. My friend, Liz, sent me this recipe and they were a hit. They did not win the cupcake war, but my co-workers loved them and we raised some money for the United Way in the process. As always, my co-workers are more than willing to gobble up any yummy goodies that I bring in to share. I don't think I've brought home leftovers yet, which is good mine and Luke's waistline. Speaking of waistline's mine is continuing to expand, thanks to our little peanut who is continuing to grow. The baby has finally gotten big enough that I can feel him or her moving every day. The baby was moving and kicking so much last night that Luke was actually able to feel the baby move. We are super excited that in 4 short months we will be meeting our little bundle of joy. Of course, I will continue to cook and bake once I become a mommy, but the types of recipes will most likely be changing. The recipe for the cupcakes is below.

Ingredients:

Cake:
1 boxed chocolate cake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper
- Mix per box instructions, adding the cinnamon and chipotle pepper
- Bake per box instructions
Frosting:
11/2 cup butter, room temp
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Beat butter on low for 30 seconds. Add sugar 1 cup at a time, beating on low. Add 3 Tbsp cream. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Blend in 1 Tbsp of cream in frosting is too thick.

Once cupcakes are cooled, frost them. I garnished the cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles and a cinnamon stick. I also thought it would be cute to garnish with dried red chili but I was unable to find them in the short amount time I had to get prepared for this recipe.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment