Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fruity Red Smoothies

Nothing tastes better on a hot summer day than an ice cold, creamy smoothie.  After working out today, I was really craving one.  I received this recipe at one of bridal showers before Luke and I got married.  I have always wanted to try it, so today I whipped up some smoothies.

1 8 oz. carton strawberry yogurt
1/2-3/4 C cranberry juice
1 1/2 C frozen strawberries
1 C. frozen raspberries
1-1/2 tsp sugar

Blend the yogurt and juice together.  Then add fruit and sugar.  Blend until everything is combined.  Serve in tall glasses with a strawberry and raspberry as garnish.

These were delicious and they are fairly healthy too since yogurt is used instead of ice cream.  Hope this recipe helps you beat the heat.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment