Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Classic Macaroni Salad

Nothing says summer like a nice cold pasta salad to go with your barbeque.  This is a recipe for macaroni salad I found a few years ago.  It is super easy and extremely delicious.  My friends and family cannot get enough of this whenever I make it.  This recipe does make a lot so make sure you have lots of people to feed it to.

4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup grated carrot

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, carrot, and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
I don't have any pictures of the salad yet, but as soon as I do I will get it uploaded.  I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment