Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I am always trying to find new recipes for homemade soups because soup is one of Luke's favorite things, especially during the colder months. Recently, I got a huge craving for broccoli cheese soup and I remembered I had this recipe in my recipe box. It is really cheesey. It's not very healthy, considering there is a pound of Velveeta in it, but it tastes soo good! This soup is really easy to make so long as you have all the ingredients, it's a quick and easy dinner. It is great served with hot biscuits or crescent rolls. I hope everyone is having a happy new year! I still have some cookie recipes to post so those will be posted later this week! ENJOY!

Ingredients
1/4 cup chopped red onion 1 tablespoon margarine 2 1/2 cups milk 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened 1 pound processed cheese, cubed 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
Directions
Melt butter or margarine over medium heat in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook and stir onions in butter or margarine until tender. Add milk and cream cheese; stirring until cream cheese melts. Stir in cheese food and broccoli. Stir until cheese food melts, and soup is heated through.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 556 | Total Fat: 43g | Cholesterol: 132mg

No comments:

Post a Comment