Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goulash

I was online last night trying to figure what to make for supper when I came across this recipe. Now the title for this recipe was Beef Mac Casserole, but to me it tasted more like goulash so that is what I decided to call it. This was really easy to make and it helped that I had all these ingredients on hand. I didn't have pasta shells so I used elbow pasta and some rotini pasta. I also didn't have any mozzarella cheese so I used Colby Jack cheese instead. This casserole was absolutely delicious and made a lot of leftovers for Luke and I to take in our lunches the next couple days. I was also excited because I got to use one of my new Bubble and Brown casserole dishes that I got for Christmas. If you ever get a craving for some good, down-home cooking, definitely try this recipe. It has the perfect amount of spice and is great for cold winter nights. ENJOY!

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package uncooked pasta shells
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (3 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 cups tomato juice
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and green pepper until browned. Drain off excess grease. Stir in pepperoni, tomato sauce, tomato juice, oregano, celery salt, onion powder, garlic salt, basil, red pepper flakes, and cooked pasta. Pour into the prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 315 | Total Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 43mg


No comments:

Post a Comment