Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Trix Treats

My department at work had a big potluck for Halloween. I decided to make something different. This recipe comes courtesy of Pinterest once again. I never would have thought of using any other cereal besides Rice Krispies to make marshmallow treats. This recipe has you using Trix instead of Rice Krispies and they are oh so good. Everyone was presently surprised and they disappeared quickly. I did cut this recipe in half, as I didn't realize it called for a 400 g bag of marshmallows. I recommend making Rice Krispie Treats like you normal, just use Trix instead.

On another note, Baby R is growing fast. I can't believe this little one will be here in about 15 weeks. Luke and I are so excited to become parents and we're starting to get the baby's room organized. I still have a lot of things to go through before we can even think about moving in the baby stuff. Good thing we don't have a lot yet. :)

Ingredients
1 x 400g bag of mini marshmallows
10 cups Trix cereal
1/4 cup butter

Instructions
Place the butter and marshmallows in a glass bowl and pop in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes to melt.
Stir well.
Mix in your trix and stir.
Pour into a large greased pan (9 x 13 or 11 x 11) and press down with a spoon.
Cut into squares.

If you spray your spoon with non stick spray before using it to press down the krispies it works really well.



No comments:

Post a Comment