Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Fried Rice

I really wanted to grill for supper but it's just been too hot to stand around a grill, so I decided to do something quick and easy on the stove.  My sister likes to make fried rice when she's in the mood for Chinese food and I wanted to try my hand at it.  Once again I just made it up, but I tried to pay more attention to how much I put in to the dish so I could create recipe for others.
Chicken Fried Rice
 2 cup(s) Chicken breast without skin, roasted (chopped)    
 2 cup(s) Minute Instant, whole grain brown rice    
 1 cup(s) frozen green peas    
 1 cup(s) carrot(s)    
 3/4 cup(s) onion(s)    
 2 Tbsp olive oil    
 2 item(s) scrambled eggs    
 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce    
 1 tsp Tobasco hot sauce    
 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce    
 1 tsp ground ginger    
 1 tsp sesame seeds 

Be sure chicken is cooked through and that the rice is cold.  If the rice is hot, it will just turn to mush.
Saute onions, carrots and peas in olive oil.  When vegetables are tender, stir in the scrambled eggs.  Stir until eggs are cooked.  Add the chicken and remaining ingredients.  Add the rice and heat through and serve.  Makes 6 servings.

The hot sauce adds a nice kick to the dish and the soy sauce and ginger mix together really well.  I would have served this egg rolls or crab ragoon if I had time to make them or had them in the freezer.  All together this is a great dish that covers everything you need in a meal.  ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment