Friday, June 24, 2011

Egg Salad

I have never made Egg Salad before, but I do like it.  I found that I had 3 dozen eggs in my fridge and needed to get them used.  I had to look in several cook books in order to find a recipe for egg salad and I finally found the following:

4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
2 Tbsp finely chopped green onions
1 Tbsp diced pimiento, optional (I left these out)
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp yellow mustard

In a bowl combine chopped eggs, green onions, pimiento; stir in maynnaise and mustard.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Spread mixture on bread pita rounds or bagels.
I also fried up some bacon to serve on top of the sandwiches and added a few leaves of lettuce.  These additions add some much needed crunch to the sandwich.




This is a great old-fashioned classic...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment