Monday, June 20, 2011

Potato Salad

Tomorrow marks the first official day of summer and nothing says summer like homemade potato salad.  My Grandma Hill used to make the best potato salad ever, but I never knew her recipe.  So I keep trying new recipes to try and find one that's close to hers.  Here is the newest recipe I have tried:

Garden Potato Salad

6 large potatoes (about 3 pounds), cooked, peeled and cubed
4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced or chopped
2 celery ribs, diced (optional)
6 green onions with tops, sliced
6 radishes, sliced (optional)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
DRESSING:
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mayonnaise

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, celery, green onions, radishes, salt and pepper; set aside.  For dressing, combine eggs, vinegar, sugar, ground mustard and salt in a saucepan.  Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.  Cool.  Stir in mayonnaise; mix well.  Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.  Refrigerate for several hours before serving.

I sprinkled with paprika.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it's going to be delicious.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment