Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Margarita Chicken Fajitas

Luke's favorite dish from Carlos O'Kelleys is the margarita chicken fajitas.  He orders this almost everytime we go there.  I decided to make my own version of this using ingredients I had at home.  I'm going to try my best to give measurements for those who may want to recreate this, but once again, I just made it up! :)  I had leftover chicken in the fridge from a roasted chicken I did a few days before.  I thought this was a good way to use it up.
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips, cooked
Margarita mix
salt and pepper to taste

Saute peppers and onions in a little bit of oil until tender.  Add the beans and margarita mix.  Use your own judgement depending on how much flavor you want.  (I used SkinnyGirl Margarita's because it was in the fridge.)  Add the cooked chicken and salt & pepper.  Heat through.  Roll in tortillas, top with shredded cheese, lettuce and sour cream.
These were delicious and super easy.  It's good when you're in the mood for Mexican food and don't feel like going out.  Obviously, this is going to be healthier than eating out too.  Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment