Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

I made this for lunch this past weekend.  While I was in kitchen, it really reminded me of Saturday's I spent with my gramma.  She is the reason I love to cook and bake.  I spent many Saturday's in the kitchen with my gramma, making everything from strawberry pie to chicken noodle soup.  I love beef stroganoff but I don't make it very often because I usually don't have sour cream in the fridge.  This time I planned ahead and made sure I had everything I needed to prepare the following recipe.

1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. butter, divided
2 lbs, beef round steak, cut into 2 1/2 in. strips
1/4 to 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
10 1/2 oz. can beef broth
3/4 c. water
1 t. salt
8 oz. container sour cream
cooked egg noodles

In a large skillet over medium heat, saute mushrroms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter.  Remove mixture to a bowl and set aside.  Toss beef in flour, coating thoroughly.  Add remaining butter to skillet and brown beef; add broth, water and salt.  Reduce heat.  Cover and simmer until beef is tender, stirring occaisionally, about 1 1/2 hours.  Add mushroom mixture and sour cream; heat through.  Serve over cooked noodles.  Serves 6.


I served this with fresh Iowa Sweet Corn!  It was all delicious!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment