Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade Butter Rolls

I made these rolls for Easter this past year and they are absolutely delicious.  I entered this recipe at the State Fair and sadly, they didn't place.  This recipe is extremely easy to prepare.  No kneading necessary.  My Gramma Farm made the best dinner rolls ever.  As far as I know, she never had a recipe.  So for the past several years I have been trying to find recipes that taste as much like hers as possible and I think this recipe comes pretty close.


Homemade Butter Rolls

1 C. water
1 env. active dry yeast
½ C. sugar, divided
3 eggs, beaten
¾ tsp. salt
4 ½ C. all-purpose flour
½ C. butter, melted

Heat water until very warm, about 110-115 degrees.  In a large bowl sprinkle warm water with yeast and 2 tablespoons sugar.  Stir; let stand 5 minutes.  Stir in remaining sugar, eggs and salt.  Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.  Cover and let rise for about 1 ½ hours, or until double in bulk.  Punch down.  Use the melted butter to coat hands generously; form dough into 2 dozen rolls.  Place rolls into 2 greased 13”x9” baking pans.  Cover and let rise again until double, about 2 hours.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden.  Makes 2 dozen.

I don't have any pictures yet of these rolls but I will one posted as soon as I make these again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment