Friday, August 5, 2011

Grill Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes

I am continuing on my quest of finding new ways to prepare some of my favorite meals in a healthier manner.  I am a farm girl and as such I refuse to stop eating meat, no matter how many times I read that red meat should be consumed in very small quantities, I will not give this up!  :)  That being said I came up with a new approach to pork chops.  I cooked these under the broiler but you could easily bake or grill them.  This is just something I threw together so there are no measurements.  Just go based on what types of flavors you like.

4 pork chops
salt and pepper
minced garlic
chopped chives
parmesan cheese

Sprinkle each pork chop with salt and pepper.  Rub the garlic and chives in to the chops and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Place on broil pan and place under broiler to form a nice crust with the cheese.  Flip and repeat the spices.  Cook through.


I also made mashed potatoes and sweet corn to go along with the chops.  Instead of using milk and butter like I usually do to make mashed potatoes, I used olive oil instead and only used about half the milk I usually do.  They tasted great and the leftovers will make great potato pancakes.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment