Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time for Summer

Sorry it's been so long since my last post.  I have been cooking, I just haven't used any new recipes.  This is a recipe I made a few weeks ago.  It is called Lemony Skillet Chicken.  It is super easy and delicious.
1 T. olive oil
2 T. butter, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. chicken broth
3 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. salt
1 t. dried chives

Heat oil and once tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Coat chicken in flour and add to skillet.  Saute for about 6 minutes on each side, turning once, until chicken juices run clear.  Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.  Add broth, lemon juice, salt and chives to skillet and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat; stir in remaining butter.  Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over chicken, turning to coat.
I served the chicken with fried potatoes and green beans.  I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment