Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thai Peanut Noodle Bowl

Luke loves thai peanut sauce so when I found this recipe on Fitness Magazines website, I figured he would really like. And I was right, he did! I didn't realize until I started cooking that this recipe is for 1 serving only. I increased this recipe by 4. This made enough for Luke and I to eat supper and enough for leftovers for work the next day. The edamame is really good, but I think added too much to the bowl. That was basically all I could taste, I wasn't able to enjoy the rest of the vegetables. I also added chicken to the recipe as well. I cooked the chicken before everything else and added that in at the end. If you're looking for something different to try, this would be it! ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS
2 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
2 scallions, sliced

DIRECTIONS
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a skillet, saute peanut butter, lime juice, garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
3. Add edamame and vegetables and cook for 12 minutes until vegetables are tender; pour over pasta.
4. Top with peanuts and scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment